Sunday, January 30, 2011

Library trips

Well I was lucky enough to head to the library and have my husband watch the kids. I love the library, but when you take 10, 4, 3, and 1 yr. old children with you, it tends to get very stressful. As a homeschooling mom the library knows me well I usually have 75+ books checked out at a time HUGE piles of books at the hold center that I requested in and a lovely amount of overdue fines.

So I was enjoy really enjoying my peaceful library time and having so much fun browsing. I REALLY DO HAVE A BOOK PROBLEM! You could leave me in a book store or library ALL day and I would be perfectly content.

I found so many cool books just browsing that I starting thinking maybe I should try to just browse at the library once a month or so with out the kids.

I found Life-Size Zoo: From Tiny Rodents to Gigantic Elephants, An Actual Size Animal Encyclopedia and A-MAZE-ing Zoo Adventure to just name two and a few other cool zoo books for my 4 yr old. So now I will just do a lesson plan around the cool books I found.

LIGHT BULB..... so maybe instead of following topics and trying to find fun books to compliment them maybe I need to do the reverse ......find good books then base lesson on those.

I have so many theme ideas to work from now

Well I must go now my 10 minutes to reminicese on my fun library day is over now as the kids are yelling and fighting and I must go referee

No comments: