Sunday, February 22, 2015

So you call me a bad parent? Part 1


As I stand on my soap box I will shout "So you call me a bad parent? Let us break this down"
So grab a bowl of popcorn ( preferably GMO free and freshly popped in your handy dandy stock pot) Since you are now eating food lets start with that.

So you call me a bad parent because I do not feed over processed, chemically laden, nutrient deficient foods many call a meal or a snack. Well that I am, with childhood obesity and cancer on the rise  I have no doubt this is linked to all that crap food. Even some of the organic and natural stuff is just as bad, but a better wiser option in moderation. I practice the 80/20 rule with my kids 80 % whole foods (bone broth soups, organic fruits and veggies, free range meats from local farmers and lots of eggs from our hens) the other 20% is gluten free pizza, healthier candy ( organic and not riddled with chemicals and dyes) and then crap food at least 2x a month we go out to eat at nice sit down restaurant ( usually the kids choose well, steak, shrimp, veggies etc). I do allow some take out and fast food Chipotle is a family favorite  and if we must hit a drive through we head to chick fila. (yes it is BAD but at least we can get gluten free grilled nuggets!) So STOP giving my kids CRAP FOOD.

My children know why we do not eat the 20% crap all of the time they have read up on it and watched documentaries they know why it is bad and understand.
STOP GIVING MY KIDS CRAP!  I will throw it away  you are wasting your money.  Educate yourself and stop living with blinders on.

So you call me a bad parent because I don't want the kids to have plastic toys with batteries?
Gosh, some of these are just as toxic. Cheap plastic crap covered in lead paint and made in China. These toys not only are toxic but they only hold my kids attention for a day or so anyway then it  is off to the landfill  ( which is a separate topic for another day, maybe part 2) children need imagination how can they get this if all they do is push a button on a toy? How can I raise big thinkers when never given a chance to be creative and think?

So you call me a bad parent because I make my children play outside and do not vaccinate?
Yes my children play outside EVERDYAY (well not in subzero temps) physical exersize is not an option our bodies need it to  stay healthy and happy ( yes happy, ...,exercising releases happy endorphin ) Try it, you will like it!

No, I do not vaccinate my child I do not wish to inject the government made  chemical cocktails into my children . I would rather risk  my children getting the actual disease than  risk the side effects of the poison my government  calls a cure. If you would like to have a conversation with me about this please be educated and know the list of ingredients in the vaccine and know what the words mean. Other wise just shut the hell up. I do not wish to waste my time talking to the ignorant.

I also do not  take my children to the doctor  every time they are sick I cure 99% of everything at home, mostly with raw garlic! Yup that's right raw garlic. I discovered this after many rounds of antibiotics to get rid of MRSA, garlic killed it in two weeks.

So you call me a bad parent because my kids do not have cell phone or laptop in their room?
We have many computers, Children shuld not be allowed to sit all day in front of a scream it is simply NOT healthy!

So you call me a bad parent because I do not pay my children to do chores?
Yes my kids do them but I do not pay them. I teach my children that being part of a family means they need to help out and divide up tasks. It is not fair to have 1 person do all the work. They learn at an early age that helping family is a way of life not something that deserves payment!

Let's just call this part 1, I have so much more to say... I mean SHOUT!

I am a research junkie I will look up everything I am told and will compare it from multiple sources from multiple viewpoints before making my own educated decision I suggest you do the same.

No comments: