Thursday, May 29, 2014

Relaxed schooling- lots of reading

After coming down with mastitis again I know I need a more relaxed week so. I could attempt to rest a bit and clear up the mastitis I have again.

Reading reading reading,
 I started reading aloud Caddie Woodlawn  to all the kids


We did a bit of research on Wisconsin (where the story is set at)
Read about President Lincoln
Played United States Bingo


Pete the Cat

This is such a great picture book series, I cannot believe I haven't checked these books out sooner.

Robin is reading Little House chapter books she is loving those.


Falcon is reading the Bible. Although I do not believe in God I will support my children if they choose to. He is really enjoying the stories and wondering why so many of our Christian friends do not watch tv shows or read books with magic in them because there is so much magic done in the bible.

He also started this book

I am reading 

Adventuring around the town.....
Monday we met a friend at an outdoor garden play space and the kids played for about 2.5 hours.
Tuesday I was supposed to go birding in the marshes with friends but decided to stay home and rest to help heal and get over this mastitis.
Wednesday Robin  and Duck had math coop at the big library that my kids love.
Thursday Girl Scout trip to Petco to work on  Badgework.

Then off to our homeschool geography coop to present our work on Canada.


Despite being sick this week I had to sit up and rock Canary almost every night around 3am for awhile holding her upright to held drain her plugged  nose so she could nurse.

No comments: