Friday, November 25, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal- The Stinky edition!

In my life this week…
Ahhhhhh the smell of dead animals. About a month back we noticed rats in our crawl space addition that cannot be accessed easily. We were able to get some Decon down the wall that they had chewed a hole in and I had set traps outside as well. After 2weeks..... no more activity. Yay, they were gone! Decon is supposed to dry them out so when they die they don't smell. They did not until the new roofers screwed up which caused a delay in getting our gutters up when it POURED!.I never knew how important gutters are on a house until then. Well water got into the crawl space and re-hydrated the dead rats. Now it SMELLS! I did discover the smell was coming through the only access to the crawl, the small window. Wind was wafting in through the cracks giving my house the wonderful aroma of dead RAT!



Nothing a little Duct tape cant fix! I sealed the gaps around the window and for now I do not smell anything, YaY! Fingers crossed that the smell wont work it's way up through the floor boards in our dining room. I could fit through that window if I really wanted to but, there is only enough space in there to army crawl around and if the smell doesn't go away that will be the fun I will get to endure. So cross your fingers for me that they will dry back out and become one with the earth!

In our homeschool this week…
Well it was short but productive. I usually don't give extra days off besides Thanksgiving but my best friend is in town from Florida so we took Wed-Fri off. We did go to see a huge edible gingerbread house I will be blogging all about it in a few days and linking up to the homeschool field trip blog hop.

Outside my window...
I see Rain, rain and rain!

Questions/thoughts I have…
Thinking that maybe I might be ready to add another baby to our nest!As my 2 year old gets bigger I am sad to not have a baby around but happy at the same time that I am able to sleep longer stretches at night.

I’m cooking…
Thanksgiving Dinner and all the fix In's of course!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

So sad that this is the way the world is moving. I love my tech toys but still take the time to unplug sometimes. I told my husband I wanted to start a TV and digital game free Sundays and he said sure go ahead but I won't be part of it! GRRRRRRR! Well I can't really tell the kids they cant do it but Daddy can. Maybe I will have one school day tech free were we will school without the use of any electronics, that would be a hard one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...that video is SO perfect!!! I'm sharing it as we speak...thank you for making my day! (And my husband's)

momof3feistykids said...

I have the same issue with my husband when I try to institute limits on electronics. :-( I am in favor of all of us getting our geek on, but electronics free time can be really healthy for a family.

Chareen said...

Love the idea of a new baby ;-) Still hoping here for another baby to add to our nest.

electronics ..... sigh finding balance in the crazy world of cyer space. One day ....

Enjoy your week ahead

Becca said...

LOVE the video! I have the same issue with my husband.

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

eeeewwww! dead rat aroma! I know it's not funny but I did get a wee chuckle out of your "the wonderful aroma of dead RAT!" description.
We tried the gadget/tech free days but we already don't watch tv. The little bit that the rest of the family engages in tech is minimal (in comparison to the supposed rest of the world lol). I'm the one with the problem! still working on that...
Hope that the coming week for your does not include more dead rat smell. :)

Traci's Teaching Times said...

Your field trip sounds like a fun one. Going to click over to your profile to see if you are located near me. Would love to do that one, especially this time of the year. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

flmom said...

Going to see the gingerbread house sounds like so much fun! What a neat way to start off the holiday season.