Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mayflower/ Thanksgiving playset

We made our boats out of butter boxes which we covered the paper and cut a hole in the top. The sail was attached with a Popsicle stick. Robin and Duck decorated the ships and sails with markers and stickers. We had some Halloween stickers handy so we used those.


The boats crashing at Plymouth rock


We then built some houses and a meeting room out of Lincoln logs then I hot glued them in place. They were about to go to Goodwill because nobody played with them because it was to hard to build a house and a sibling would knock it over. Problem fixed with hot glue, now they love their sturdy homes.

Here the Native American girl was telling the pilgrim how to plant food and hunt. The pilgrim girl was telling the other girl about how all the adults were all very sick and the kids had to take over all chores and that they used their ship the Mayflower as a hospital. Robin was so excited about her new play set I couldn't believe how much she remembered from the books and stories we read as I listened to her play.

The very full Mayflower





Duck loved using his boat to hold snacks in, then I had to make one for Owl too!
Here he is at quite time on the couch with his snack boat.

3 comments:

MommyKuehner said...

That is super cute!!! I may have to borrow that idea when we cover this!
You are super creative!

Georgie said...

Yes it is cute. Looks like your kids enjoyed making and playing it. Thanks for sharing at Today at Play and don't forget to come back sometime as it's a year long link up!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

This is so cute!! I love it! I wanted to invite you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I am also your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
Beth