Thursday, December 8, 2011

Homeschool mothers journal - Space the Final Frontier

In my life this week…
My roof is fixed, AGAIN! Our brand new roof is no longer leaking. The failure to seal around our cast iron smoke stack is now fixed, yay! Home Depot sent an inspector out to document the damage and submit a claim.The inspector feels that Home Depot will be replacing our kitchen Ceiling, flooring, entire West wall in the kitchen and the kitchen cupboards. Hopefully it will all go through. Fingers crossed.

In our homeschool this week…
I started an astronomy unit with Robin today. She was super excited to help me put up the vinyl stickers I bought over the summer when the Boarders bookstore in our town was going out of business


We decorated them going down the stairs into the playroom.



We started our Study with the first planet, Mercury. Robin and I printed an astronaut and glued it to black card stock so we can move it to each planet we visit. Falcon who has been working on Astronomy for a few weeks now will need to add some facts about each planet on index cards.


My favorite thing this week was…
We spent Monday morning listening to Christmas music and making ornaments, my favorites were the walnut babies. Owl, my little silent observer did so well at this he just sat right down grabbed what we had on the table and made ornaments all by himself. He did so good stringing beads on the pipe cleaners and he was awesome at gluing sequins on the stars. I was so proud of him.




Things I’m working on…
Writing a novel. I have toyed with this idea for over 13 years and have lots of the writing already done I just need to piece it all together and write much more.

I’m cooking…
Boston cream Pie to go with our studies on Massachusetts this week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum - Boston Creme Pie! Look at all those great ornaments! Nicely done! And yay for a fixed roof! Good that Home Depot will hopefully pay for the repairs!

Anonymous said...

Love the crafts- especially the walnut babies:)

And way to go- write that novel!!!!