Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up (week 1 Spanish hour)

Big changes in our life...
My husband just finished reading


It has changed the way he looks at things, for the better. So we are going to be making some BIG changes in our life. A change I am very excited about is:1.My husband is going to start taking off 1 day during the week. We own our own company and for as long as I can remember my husband has worked 7 days a week. So taking one day off is HUGE to us. I am so used to my husband never being home it will be very strange for him to be around more.



Spanish hour:
In an attempt for our family to be fluent in Spanish by October we are having what I am calling "Spanish Hour" each day. During this time we watch Spanish videos, listen to Spanish CD's, play Spanish games, make flash cards and try to speak to each other in Spanish.

I found this game at Goodwill for only $2.00 and it was only missing a few cards.

If you have some great Spanish games, CD's, books or really anything that could help us learn the language and still have fun please feel free to link ideas I would LOVE to see some great ideas.

I have been using livemocha at night but sometimes I find it very confusing. I do love that you get speech reviews by native speakers.


Questions/thoughts I have…
If you were going to move to another hemisphere for 6 months with all your kids and could only take 1 suitcase per person what your priority items be?


I’m reading…
Finishing up Wheat Belly and planning on starting The 4 Hour Work Week this weekend.

I’m cooking…
A super moist Gluten free Pumpkin bread


The kids were excited to see the bean box out again. Last fall we had some bird seed in our basement that hatched millions of little black bugs, ewwwwwwww! So I threw out all our beans from out bean box because I found a few bugs in our bean box and wanted to be sure that they little black bugs didn't stick around and find a new place to eat and lay eggs. After 6 month of not seeing anymore live bugs I figured we were safe to buy more beans for our bean box. This time I chose a variety of bean (navy, pinto, Lima and black eyed peas) for our box. The kids seems to like the variation. I decided that the pinto beans were a bad choice because they blend in with our carpet very well.

4 comments:

Amy S said...

What a fun week girl :) :)

MommyKuehner said...

I love that game! I found it at a yard sale last summer. I haven't been using it that well though. I love the idea of an hour a day. I am going to try to do that a couple times a week now. That will help all the kids!! And be better than just plain curriculum. You are so smart!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Looks like the bean box is a hit! That's a great idea about Spanish hour and the different ways your family is learning to speak Spanish.

Blessed little homestead said...

We had those flashcards, they were really fun, except my children are terrible keepers of flashcards.. The beans look so fun! Great idea!