Monday, December 15, 2014

Gingerbread Baby unit study ~ Jan Brett

Back in the schooling groove ( sort of),  We are using the build your library Christmas study with stories from Jan Brett.

We started this week with the Gingerbread Baby.
We also watched the book on DVD

We made salt dough ornaments.
 I found a roll and color  math work sheet for the little boys.THey loved it! I must get more of them for other units.
They started the week coloring gingerbread house.

 A fill in sheet all the kids did about being a gingerbread person. Here is Robin's work. I also had her write a story about her gingergirl using the new vocabulary from the book we just read. She underlined each vocab word.

Here is a closer snippet  from the story.

I had planned on making gingerbread cookies but I got so busy with Robin's other cooking projects for her Girl Scout cooking badge that I ran out of time.

She made quite a few recipes from this book that were excellent. I am loving cooking in the new house with the kids. I feel like I actually have room to breathe. My old kitchen was the size of a closet NO JOKE!

Robin has also started work on her Government patch.



No comments: